Wanted to do some random questions so I found this one. From: www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
16? I feel like a teenager.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Failing. Although I know it should be the latter but in actuality, failing. I am terrified of failing!
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Money and expectations. People get caught in the grind of life. It’s hard to do things we like when we don’t seem to have the means.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Probably especially since I’m a rambling, ranting writer…..
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Be less money driven, less greedy. It seems to cause just about ALL problems of the world – name a major problem (environmental, social etc) and I bet that money is part of it.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Horseback riding :-), maybe photography and I don’t know…wandering around in the forest? LOL. Maybe film-making or something like that. Something artsy.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I am trying to do what I believe in but I will not be able to fully realize that in the near future as long as I live at home. So I guess I’m settling for what I’m doing…but one CAN do and what one WANTS to do can be two completely different things.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would hope to have done more by now but I’m not sure if I would have changed anything. Maybe take more courses at the same time….?
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
As much as I could – or not. Somewhat but not all that much I would say. I tend to wait until things take me places or reach a crisis…whichever comes first. I’m currently deciding on some major life directions too….
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right because there’s lots of stupid humanity-related things I don’t believe but will have to if I want get anywhere since “doing the right things” is kind of vague.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I don’t know. (Social skills suck)
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
I don’t know? Don’t let others define you. (Although I don’t always stay true to that one either).
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Depends if I’m with others. On my own, unlikely (sorry).
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
No. But I can see creativity where others see insanity.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Everything. No, but I like to believe I think differently and have a different perspective on things.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
They don’t understand the feeling, the sensation.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
One thing…hmm… More like many things but the biggest barrier at the moment are social skills or lack thereof.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes. ALL conflicts. I can’t seem to mentally let go of ANY conflict so they just seem clog in my head for way too long while I am amazed how people move on like nothing happened.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I would like to move somewhere that would be financially more viable for me to own a horse. I would be interested in moving to a different town/city, possibly a different province. I doubt I will leave the country but if I do it will probably be another English-speaking country or something…Europe would be the most “exotic” I guess (and they have horses!).
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
YES YES!!! No.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Worried genius. I’m always worried, so why not become a genius too 😉
- Why are you, you?
Still figuring that out…
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Probably not. Dunno. Don’t really have much friends. Not a priority for me. My priorities will be my job and equestrian pursuits.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Hypothetically (because I don’t really have friends), it would be the latter because you might run into the good friend who you lost touch with and it will be awkward. Or I think it will be awkward. Maybe not…
- What are you most grateful for?
Literacy, access to technology and my opportunities to ride horses, relatively few as they are.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Lose all memories as I want to make new ones. (I would also love to get rid of all the negative memories so they aren’t floating around being annoying).
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Not really. You can believe the truth without challenging but that’s not the same as knowing.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Right now to an extent. I graduated 1 year ago and I have no solid plans for anything….
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No. I guess not.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Christmas as a young child. Everyone was together. Conflict was minimal. Everything was possible. The future wasn’t scary.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I ride a horse?
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Not much I guess. But yet I feel like I’m constantly lowering my expectations so they wouldn’t seem so “far out” and unlikely. It’s like I don’t know the difference between realistic and pessimistic.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Overly rigid narratives and beliefs. Too much belief and differing beliefs.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
No. It’s not that black and white.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don’t have a job to quit but I guess I could stop looking for one so intently.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Huh? I’m always doing things with ideas first. Sometimes I get the answers to actually realizing my ideas and sometimes I don’t.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I don’t know. Maybe my family? I will probably more interested in preserving what is left of humanity – like a capsule or something….
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Alive is just breathing, living is being happy and fulfilled to a greater extent.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Tell me? I have trouble with that. Calculating risk and rewards seems much safer than just doing it.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
We feel wronged with every one. Sometimes punished. It’s not a good feeling.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would be way more honest then I am and it would hilarious (to me)!
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Fairly often. Especially when I’m trying to sleep or I’m riding (a horse).
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
Horses? I guess so. I volunteer. I am trying (somewhat desperately) to hang out to riding.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
No. Maybe (July 25), that was a little too epic (not in a good way). Other than that, no. Not really.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
A little bit of both. I’m trying to make them for myself but I’m also quite…almost dependent on others making them for me. Interestingly, I feel like I’m better with making big decisions than small ones! (I tend to let others make the small ones).
Date: July 27, 2014.